If your child has additional needs or a disability, you may need to check the support arrangements in place at an activity provider.
Questions you could ask, depending on your child’s additional needs, include:
- how will you manage if my child doesn’t communicate with speech?
- are you able to provide one to one support?
- my child needs help with personal care. Are you able to accommodate this, with appropriately trained staff and facilities?
- sometimes my child needs to take time out. How will you accommodate this safely?
- what strategies are in place to support children who display challenging behaviours?
- how do you ensure that children in your sessions understand what they should be doing and what is expected of them?