If your child has additional needs or a disability, you may need to check the support arrangements in place at an activity provider.
The questions you could ask, depending on your child’s additional needs, include:
How will you manage if my child doesn’t communicate with speech?
- Are you happy for my child to take part with 1:1 support?
- My child needs various personal care, are you able to accommodate this, with appropriately trained staff and appropriate facilities?
- Sometimes my child needs time out to regain focus on the session. How are you able to accommodate this safely?
- What strategies are in place to support children who display more challenging behaviours?
- How do you ensure that all children in your sessions understand what they should be doing and what is expected of them?
- Are you able to support my child with more individual support?