Skip to main content

Crisis and early help support services

If you need help for yourself, a family member or for someone else there are a range of services that can help.

 If your concern is an emergency call 999 immediately.

Concerns about the safety or wellbeing of a child or young person

Contact the Children's Services First Response Hub if you are worried a child or young person is at risk of, or is being hurt or abused. 

Between the hours of 5pm to 9am Monday to Friday, Saturdays and bank holidays the Children’s Social Care Out of Hours service is the emergency response service for any child who is in crisis, needs urgent help or is at serious risk of significant harm. They can be contacted on 01202 738256  or email

In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm, call the police on 999.

Child exploitation

If you know of or suspect child exploitation contact the Children's Services First Response Hub on 01202 735046 or email

You can also contact the Police on 101 or 01202 222222.

The NSPCC website has useful information on child sexual exploitation 

Child sexual abuse

Concerns about the safety or welfare of an adult

Sexual violence

Domestic abuse

Tel. support contacts:

24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247

24hr Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Outreach: 01202 710777

24hr Dorset County - You First: 0800 032 5204

Links to support:

Domestic Abuse support organisations

Radicalisation, terrorist and extremist behaviour

Neighbourhood safety

BCP Council Early Help services