Skip to main content

Other benefits and funds

Carers allowance

This funding is for a person who cares for someone who is disabled that receives: 

  • personal independence payment (PIP) 
  • disability living allowance (DLA) 
  • or another eligible benefit 

Carers must be eligible too. 

Find out more about carers allowance 

Vehicles and transport

  • Blue badge parking scheme 
  • Vehicle tax exemption 
  • Vehicle tax reduction 
  • Motability 
  • VAT relief for vehicles 
  • Community and public transport 

Find out more at 

Home and housing

  • Direct payments 
  • Disabled facilities grant 
  • Council tax disabled band reduction 
  • Housing benefit/universal credit 

Find out more at 

Television license discount

You can get 50% off the cost of your TV licence if either  

  • You’re registered blind or severely sight impaired  
  • You live with someone who is registered blind or severely sight impaired 

Find out more at 

VAT relief for disabled people

If you’re disabled, you will not be charged VAT on products designed or adapted for your own personal or domestic use.  

Find out more at 

Discretionary housing payments

These payments support customers who are unable to cover their housing costs through regular housing supports? 

See how to claim discretionary housing payments

Council tax disabled band reduction scheme

You may be entitled to a reduction in your council tax bill if your home has certain features that are essential to you living there. 

Bournemouth Residents 

Christchurch Residents 

Poole Residents