- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information Collected
- Where personal data is voluntarily provided through e-mail, electronic forms or enquiries, this data is only used for the purpose it was provided and will not be given or sold to any third parties.
- We may disclose and use personally identifiable information in special circumstances (for example, when necessary to protect our intellectual property rights). We may also disclose or use your personal information when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us to do so.
2. Information We Collect
If you register with us, we will collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, age, address, e-mail address and facts about your computer, profession and similar information. This data is kept secure within our database and the information will only be used by the Borough of Poole for administration and audit purposes and not passed to any third party.
Accessing Personal Information
You may review and update your personal identifiable registration information on all facilities that require you to register at anytime. If you wish to no longer receive information you can opt out by simply unsubscribing or by contacting us. Any queries on your registered information should be directed to email@example.com
We may conduct occasional online surveys. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you do not have to participate.
Web Site Usage Information
IP addresses and website usage information is automatically collected from you when you visit Family Information Directory. This information helps us evaluate how visitors and subscribers use and navigate Family Information Directory on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page, and the length of their visits.
3. How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
- To allow us to personalise the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
Summary of terms
Used to locate and display Web pages via a software application.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and subscribers move faster through our site. When you sign on to Family Information Directory or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by the website and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer's memory. These can be easily removed.
IP (Internet Protocol)
All networks connected to the internet speak IP, the technical standard which allows data to be transmitted between two devices. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is responsible for making sure messages get from one host to another and that the messages are understood.
If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 194.267.24.1
Delivers (serves up) web pages to your computer.