Skip to main content

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Access to Leisure and Learning Scheme

Access to Leisure and Learning is a discount scheme that allows people with disabilities,  those on low incomes and those in full-time education (aged 16 years and over) to take part in leisure and sports activities at reduced rates. Find out more about the scheme including eligibility,…

Assessment in social care for children

The 1989 Children Act sets out conditions where a disabled child may be considered to be a ‘Child in Need’. It also explains that in certain cases it is the responsibility of the local authority to provide services to help a Child in Need. In…

Audiology (hearing services)

The audiology (hearing) service provides services for adults and children who are affected by hearing loss, distressing tinnitus and balance disorders. A range of support is provided at clinics accross Dorset. The service also run specialist clinics for children and for adults with learning disabilities. Find out…

Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)

Information about Autism Spectrum Disorders and support organisations for people with Autism and their families.            

BCP Council Short Breaks for children and young people with SEND

The BCP Council Short Breaks scheme provides activities for children and young people aged 0 to 19 years with special educational needs/disabilities, in a supportive and fun environment.  All sessions are supported by a high ratio of experienced and friendly staff who will ensure children…

Children's Disability Register

Children's Disability Register The Children's Disability Register is for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25 living in Bournemouth, Christhurch or Poole. Special Educational Needs and Disabilities may include: developmental and learning delays speech, language and communication…

Community paediatricians

  A community paediatrician looks after children with physical or developmental disabilities, inlcuding ADHD, and autism spectrum conditions. They also have a particular role with children who are looked after or are in the process of being adopted.  Find out about the Community Paediatric Service…

Continuing Care and Continuing Healthcare

This page contains information on Continuing Care and Continuing Healthcare.

Crisis and early help support services

If you need help for yourself, a family member or for someone else there are a range of services that can help. If your concern is an emergency call 999 immediately.