Acute Paediatrics Service - Poole Hospital NHS
The Children's Unit cares for children and young people from 0 to 18 years, providing comprehensive nursing care for children with medical and surgical needs and orthopaedic conditions. We provide an integrated service for children and families across East Dorset and Bournemouth, offering expert paediatric treatment and assessment for children referred via the Emergency Departments at both Bournemouth and Poole Hospitals, General Practitioners (GPs), Midwifery and Out of Hours Services. Neonatal care is provided for babies born at Poole and Bournemouth Maternity Units and referrals are accepted from neighbouring districts needing intensive, high dependency or special care.
- BH15 2JB
- 01202 442383
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Available 24 hour a day, 7 days per week.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years 0 months to 18 years 0 months.
- This Service is Free
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Via GP or other health professional
- Languages Spoken:
- Health Description
The ward also offers an education, play and sensory room, which has gentle lighting, a calm atmosphere and bubble tubes that can benefit all children and are enjoyed by everyone.
Please see website for further information.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?