AIMCommunity is a creative arts and mentoring programme in Poole and Bournemouth. We provide bespoke packages of support for young people aged 8 to 19. At AIM we give young people the experience of being in a band, producing their own music, making their own movies, expressing themselves in performance. We want each young person who works with us to know that no matter what their level of skill, their creativity is precious.
Starfish our mentoring programme in partnership with Borough of Poole:
AIM Arts Academy is an education programme for young people who are not in school, or who have left school and are now NEET. We offer the opportunity to learn work related skills, restudy for English, Maths and ICT and gain work experience in the creative industries. and have the support of one-to-one mentors. This creative education project gives often isolated young people the chance to restart.
East Howe Youth Centre
- BH10 5HD
- 01202 548208
- Contact Name
- Richard Newland
- Contact Position
- Project Manager
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Starfish mentoring - Wednesdays, 4:00pm - 6:00pm 8-12 years
AIM Arts Academy - Monday - Thursday, 10:00am - 3:00pm - 14-19 years.
Creative After School Clubs - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 4:00pm 6:00pm 8-12 years.
Holiday sessions - FBE funding dependent.
School Term Only
Weekday After School
- From 8 years 0 months to 19 years 0 months.
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Other Costs:
- Reductions and sponsorship available for young people on free school meals or on application for individual circumstances
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Referral Criteria:
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?