The Orchard Nursery
The Orchard Nursery follows the statutory framework as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). This sets guidance and requirements that all Early Years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe. There are seven areas of learning and development that shape activities and experiences for children. Of these areas, three ? known as the prime areas ? are vital for igniting children's curiosity and building their capacity to learn and form relationships. These are communication and language, physical development, and personal, social and emotional development. The three prime areas are strengthened and applied through the four specific areas: literacy, mathematics, understanding the world, and expressive arts and design. Our approach is committed to child-led learning. We see children as confident and capable learners who are able to lead their own learning and develop their own ideas and theories, whilst practitioners watch, support, extend and record the learning alongside the child. We provide quality care and developmentally appropriate experiences so that every child may grow to his/her fullest potential as an individual. We use 'In the Moment Planning' and seize every moment when a child shows an interest and build upon their curiosity to deepen their knowledge and extend their learning. Written planning is then carried out in the form of observations where we record the interactions and highlight the 'Teachable Moments' and outcomes. These are recorded on our online learning journey (eyLog). Children are given the opportunity to choose what or where they would like to play rather than being directed by an adult. Our environment is set up to ignite and promote curiosity. Each play space is inviting and is enthused by the children's interests and passion for learning. Play is the building block of a child's intellectual, social, emotional, physical and language skills and through play children develop social skills, problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills. A large portion of a child's day at The Orchard Nursery is spent in free play. We use natural, reclaimed and authentic resources that promote exploration, discovery, creativity, imagination, curiosity, awe and wonder. These resources are anything from branches, pine cones, leaves, mud, flowers, shells, real items such as kettles, pots and pan, crates, tyres, cable drums and microwaves.
Christ The King Catholic Primary School
- BH11 9EH
- 01202 582228
- Childcare Type:
- Day Nursery
- Provision Type:
- Childcare on non-domestic premises
- Overall limit on childcare numbers:
- Eligible to take 2, 3 & 4 Year Old Entitlement
Separate Sleeping Area
Baby Changing Facilities
Visits and Outings
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday 08:00-18:00
All Year Round
School Holiday Only
- From 0 years 3 months to 5 years 0 months.
- Other Costs:
- Age Range 3 months - 3 years £29.00 per morning session £27.00 per afternoon session £48.00 per day. Age Range 3-4yrs £ 4.32 per hour over the 15/30 hours funding. If children attend every day they receive £1 reduction per day. If siblings attend together they receive reduction of 5%. For funded 2 3 4 year olds:- Hot lunch is £2.20 snack is 30p and afternoon tea £1. You have the option to provide your own food. Additional service charge is applicable depending on what sessions attended. These charges range from £1 to £1.50 per session. Late collection charge is £6 for every 15 minutes of lateness. Deposit is £100 which is refundable when the child leaves the setting. £10 non-refundable registration fee.
Vacancies and School Pick Up
- Immediate Vacancies
- Vacancy Information:
- We have vacancies available in the baby room and limited spaces in the 2-3's room throughout the year. No vacancies available in pre-school room until September 2020.
- No of vacancies:
- Ofsted URN:
- Last Inspection Judgement:
- Last Inspection Date:
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Visual impairment
- Caters for Special Diets:
- We have a chef who cooks all meals on site, so can cater for any dietary requirement
- Languages Spoken:
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
We welcome any children with special needs and have a SENCO in our setting. We train our staff in special needs education through early years. Many staff have Makaton training.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
2 Year Old Early Education Provider
30 Hours Free Childcare Provider
Tax Free Childcare Provider
3 & 4 Year Old Early Education Provider