Action For Children - Pan-Dorset Parenting Service
Parenting groups offered in Poole and Pan-Dorset in accessible venues.
The parenting offer is open to families:
- Where some intervention in behavioural change has already been made by professionals such as health visitors, school nurses, family support workers, pastoral care workers, SENCos
- Where parents recognise that they have some ownership of the problem and have the commitment and readiness to change
- For families with high-level needs as very early intervention
For Pan-Dorset families, the service is limited to parents and carers of children at risk of conduct disorder or behaviour problems where a child's behaviour is having a significant impact on family life and schooling.
- Action For Children Pan-Dorset Parenting Project
Action for Children
Bournemouth Learning Centre
- BH10 4HG
- 07889 604216
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday- Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- All Year Round
- Service/Activity is free
- Booking Information:
- Parents must be referred to the service as we do not accept self referrals.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
Via Looked After Children Teams
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
Via Voluntary agencies
By Parents or Family
- Referral Procedure:
- Parents access service via a referral form from any professional who, together with the parent, has identified the need for a parenting programme.
- Languages Spoken: