Down's Syndrome Association
The aim of the Down's Syndrome Association is to help people with Down's Syndrome lead full and rewarding lives.
A range of services are provided including:
- helpline support services providing information about all aspects of living with Down's syndrome including specialist advisers on benefits, education, health and social care and advice for new parents or anyone with questions.
- Promoting and facilitating information exchange between members through various groups
- Providing support via Facebook groups
- Developing and delivering training throughout the UK for members, professionals and carers.
- Provision of the Having A Voice project, giving people with Down's syndrome a platform to have their say and be heard.
- WorkFit - an employment programmme which brings together employers and jobseekers who have Down's syndrome. It is a tailored service dedicated to training employers about the learning profile of people who have Down's syndrome so that they can be supported in the workplace. We focus on finding the right employment opportunities for people who have Down's syndrome and ensuring that they have the support they need to be successful in the workplace.
- DSActive - Providing as many opportunities as possible for people with Down's syndrome to lead active and healthy lives.
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Helpline open 10.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday (apart from bank holidays).
- All Year Round
- This Is A Free Service.
- Booking Information:
- Booking is not required.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Cultural Provision:
- No particuar religious ethos.
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
The association provides support for people living with Down's Syndrome.