Safer Schools and Communities Team (SSCT)
The SSCT is a partnership between Dorset Police, The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Dorset Combined Youth Justice Service with a remit to prevent/reduce anti-social behaviour, crime and wrong-doing amongst children and young people and help keep them safe in a digital world.
The team consists of dedicated Schools Officers, all of whom undertake Safeguarding training and undergo enhanced vetting on a regular basis.
The team have three areas of business:
1. Education & Training
Education to children and young people, and parents and training for staff on the following topics:
- Alcohol and drugs
- Anti-social behaviour
- Online safety
- Personal safety
- Preventing violent extremism
- Restorative Justice
2. Dorset Police Children and Young Person's Intervention Service
The SSCT can support schools and other professionals working with young people to provide 1 to 1 or group education (including restorative conversations) on low-level school crimes, bullying, anti-social behaviour and online safety issues. SSCT can also provide advice to professionals and to parents and carers.
3. Youth Out of Court Disposals
The SSCT assist in the delivery of Youth Out of Court Disposals. The Safer Schools and Communities Officers are trained Restorative Justice practitioners so they take part in Restorative Justice conferences that deal with bullying, shoplifting and possession of drugs and also in retail and drugs workshops as part of the rehabilitative conditions of youth restorative disposals, youth cautions and youth conditional cautions where required.
- Safer Schools and Communities Team (SSCT)
Prevention Hub, Bournemouth Police Station,
- BH1 1QQ
- 111 or 999 for emergencies
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday to Friday 8:00am - 8:00pm
- All Year Round
- Price on application.
- Booking Information:
- Contact via their School initially alternatively by telephone or e-mail