COAST - Supported Employment
COAST supports individuals who have a long term health condition or a disability to gain and/or sustain work. This work may be paid work, including supported permitted work under 16 hours per week; job trials & work experience or voluntary work.
The service seeks to improve lives and build people's independence by supporting them to gain confidence; improve their sense of general wellbeing, sense of self-worth and their status through becoming a valued volunteer or employee.
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday: 09:00 am - 4.30pm
Tuesday: 09:00 am - 4.30pm
Wednesday: 09:00 am - 4.30pm
Thursday: 09:00 am - 4.30pm
Friday: 09:00 am - 4.30 pm
- Further Opening Details:
Employment Support can be arranged for outside of these hours by appointment.
- All Year Round
- From 18 years to 99 years .
- There is no charge for this service. Eligibility for the service is determined by BCP Council.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Referral Procedure:
- Please give COAST a call on 012020 797841. The Team will be happy to assist you with the referral process and answer any questions that you may have.
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
We have a friendly, welcoming and dedicated team of Employment Co-ordinators. The team’s skills include British sign language and they hold mental health and supported employment qualifications. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience around employment, benefits and disability rights.
- SEN and Disabilities Access
We work closely with the Jobcentre, Health and Social Care Professionals, Employers and our Community Project partners to support clients to achieve their goals. Our partners include More Bus who have provided invaluable support to enable us to provide travel training for our clients.
- SEN and Disabilities Transition
If you are 18+ and due to transition from School or College, please get in touch. The team can liaise with you and your circle of support to ensure a smooth transition to the service.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?