Brake, supporting people affected by road crashes
Brake supports people who have been bereaved or seriously injured in a road crash, as well as the family, friends and professionals supporting them. Support is provided via a telephone helpline staffed by professionals and through highly acclaimed literature.
Brake's helpline (Freephone number) provides support to those directly affected by a crash, either through bereavement or injury, and their carers, whether the crash happened recently or a long time ago. It also supports professionals, such as health workers, police officers and teachers, who need information about how to help people affected by a crash
PO Box 548
- HD1 2XZ
- 0808 8000401
- Contact Name
- Helpline team
- See Journey Planner on right- hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Helpline Available
Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm
Website Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- All Year Round
- From 16 years 0 months to 99 years 0 months.
- This Service is Free
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?