McMennum, Mrs Susan Ann (Tiggertails)
I''''m Sue McMennum, I live in the Branksome area of Poole, and have been Childminding for 24+ years. I am an Ofsted Registered Network Childminder. I am accredited to give parents a choice on receiving government funding up to 30 hrs per wk.- or equivalent to maximum annual entitlement of 1140 hrs over a stretched period - I offer inclusive practice, and partnership with pre-schools, to accommodate parents flexible requests on childcare. I live very close to Bishop Aldhelms school and offer a drop off/ collection & holiday service for 4/5 + year old''''s. I thoroughly enjoy caring for all age groups. I work with Policies which include First Aid, Child Protection, Prevent Duty & British Values, Health & Safety, Sickness, Behaviour /SEND , Anti - Discriminatory and many more. I have Public Liability and appropriate business home and motor insurances. I work with individual learning journals for 0-4 years which I record planning, observations, assessing, and tracking development areas. I record and provide opportunities to extend learning skills towards next steps, with various play activities, exploring the environment, and outings to places of interest We visit toddler groups, childminder drop-in centre''''s, the toy and book library, farms, adventure parks (Moors Valley), nature and wildlife parks, go for walks, visit the beaches, these experiences support your child''''s learning and development of the wider world. I have indoor play, home corner, dressing up facilities, music, messy play, painting, card making, play dough, reading, learning phonics/ and preparation in writing skills ready for school start, and much more. School Holiday Contracts - Visits to places of interest. Educational visits to Farms, National Trust, Wildlife Parks and museums - additional costs for entry fees for each child are invoiced monthly to your Account. Since COVID-19 LOCK-DOWN I have worked in selective '''' Bubbles'''' working in small groups of the same children attending on the same days- this includes School children that could attend my open setting during school closure. I intend to accommodate these children when Schools return in September for wrap around care ( as before lockdown) I am asking Parents to work with our setting to help keep children from mixing with other outside school activity groups and large family/friends gatherings - with priority of Safeguarding everyone in my setting and families on role- some changes are apparent short term with accommodating school children with staggered drop off/pick up slots- this has to fit in with my daytime 0-4 yr. old children on role, working together and alongside the National Government Guidelines available. At this time I am unable to offer shared pre-school/Nursery time with you- this may change back in times when it is safe to do so. Please come and view my setting and see what I have to offer your child for a safe happy and stimulating environment- we have lots of fun each day.
125 Winston Avenue
- BH12 1PD
- 01202 740534
- 07974 339891
- 01202 740534
- Childcare Type:
- Provision Type:
- Overall limit on childcare numbers:
- Eligible to take 2, 3 & 4 Year Old Entitlement
Outdoor Play Area/Garden
Separate Sleeping Area
Baby Changing Facilities
Visits and Outings
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday 07:30-17:00
- All Year Round
- From 0 years 0 months to 12 years 0 months.
- £4.50 per Hour, £20.00 per Session, £40.00 per Day, £195.00 per Week
- Other Costs:
- Term time only contracts available at higher rate / Holiday cover available from set fee apply within Additional voluntary fees are asked to cover additional services Trips/Outings/Entrance fees against Government Funding Entitlement - to close the short fall of allocated providers receiving Funding Term time only contracts are available on request Full Time Placements - hours required based on set fee contracts. Apply within (Mainstream School Drop Off Service - Set fee £4.00 8am-9am / Early Bird ( From7.30-8am) additional £4.50). School collection service - Set Fee £8.00 3pm-5pm. I can extend to 6pm for an additional fee. £160 per week during the holiday contract only for complete day/ or hourly fee for less hours Annual Holidays including Bank Holidays and sickness full fee applies- . Cost of over 8s care is £4.80 per hour Set fees apply for school collects and holiday cover.
Vacancies and School Pick Up
- Vacancy Information:
- New intake 1 x vacancy part time available - 2-4 years 8.00am - 5.00 pm up to max hours on Tuesdays & Fridays
- No of vacancies:
- Ofsted URN:
- Last Inspection Judgement:
- Last Inspection Date:
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Visual impairment
- Cultural Provision:
- Provision available for all Religions
- Caters for Special Diets:
- Please supply your required diet to give to your child- All parents to provide lunch boxes for their children
- Referral Procedure:
- Settling in policy - advisable to have two settling in sessions -x 2hr slots) chargeable, and up to 1 month's deposit (depending on how frequently you wish to set up payment options- weekly in advance is 1 x week deposit, etc-this is to retain placement which is held until end of contract terms- then returned against last month's fees on contract- (please make sure you read and discuss all terms and policies before entering into contract).
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
2 Year Old Early Education Provider
30 Hours Free Childcare Provider
Tax Free Childcare Provider
3 & 4 Year Old Early Education Provider