Autus is a small charity creating exciting opportunities for growth, learning and work for young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Using our innovative and engaging virtual environment we offer a range of programmes and activities to help build confidence and develop social communication, digital and employability skills.
We exist to facilitate personal and professional growth for people with autism and complex needs, increasing opportunities for exciting and sustainable work to improve lives and prospects. We are a disabled people's user-led organisation set up to enable disabled people to purchase employability training and job coaching courses through a supportive route and benefit from a 20% VAT exemption, thereby making personal budgets go further.
- 0208 1234708
- Contact Name
- Donna Thompson
- Contact Position
- We do not use a physical venue. Our courses are predominantly accessed from a home connection and participants need to have access to a multimedia PC and basic IT skills including elementary knowledge of how to use email, the internet and instant messaging chat. If these are barriers to access, we can work with individuals to identify local community centres that can help them overcome these barriers to participation by creating local digital access points.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Office Available
Monday - Friday 9.00am-6.00pm
Website available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- All Year Round
- From 18 years to 35 years .
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Booking Information:
- Contact via website or telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Social Communication Difficulty
- Referral Criteria:
Via JobCentre Plus
Via Independent Living Team
Via Young People`s Support Unit
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
Via Voluntary agencies
By Parents or Family
- Referral Procedure:
- Individuals with autism decide whether they want to use our service and subject to availability, we provide the service to them in a way that will best meet their needs. Our taster sessions have been designed to enable individuals to get 1:1 support to try our services so they can then make an informed decision about whether they will meet their needs and which of our courses / support services they should progress on to. We encourage individuals to consult with and get input from parents/carers/support workers and where the courses are being funded from public sources, we encourage referrals through multi disciplinary processes and use of education health and care plans. All decision making processes are designed to support active involvement of individuals and their parents/carers. We communicate with people in the way they prefer as much as possible.
- Languages Spoken:
- Contact Name
- Donna Thompson
- Contact Email
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
Our services include:
Job Club – A weekly online social gathering to support people seeking or just starting employment.
Access to Work - Funded by an individual’s Access to Work grant, Autus can provide a wide range of support including disability awareness training for your employer, mentoring support and one to one job coaching to help you transition into your role.
Accredited Courses - Autus can help you to gain nationally recognised qualifications without the need for you to attend a busy college site. Our most popular programmes include Employability Skills, Leadership Skills and Personal Progress, however we offer more including IT Qualifications.
Job Coaching - Our one to one job coaching is designed to help you to set and achieve professional goals and transition into work. Your coach will work in partnership with you, providing personalised support, guidance and motivation to facilitate your growth and progression.
Short Courses - Join peers seeking to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in areas such as personal finance, managing stress, coping with change, interviewing skills, effective communication and employment rights. Courses are informative, practical and fun, lasting up to an hour.
Skills Programmes - The 3D Autus Campus is the perfect environment for you to safely develop and practise skills for work and independent living. With environments such as boardrooms, shops, banks and healthcare facilities, we have created what you need for 'in context' role play with our one of our mentors. In small groups or 1:1 we can help you with skills for independent living and work.
MentorMe 3D – E-mentoring scheme matching people seriously considering a career in IT with a professional in the IT sector. We will provide a safe online space for you and your mentor to meet regularly and support you as you work towards achieving your professional goals.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?