We will not rest until blind and partially sighted people can enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else. We offer a range of services and activities for children and young people and provide valuable advice for parents and teachers. Trained and experienced staff are there for parents with practical advice and support from the moment their child is diagnosed with a visual impairment. Starting Point is a guide for parents from first diagnosis including a telephone helpline, online and printed resources. We also plan recrrational activites and offer educational support.
- Guide Dogs For The Blind Association
- RG7 3YG
- 0118 983 5555
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Helpline Available Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Website available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- All Year Round
- From 8 years 0 months to 99 years 0 months.
- This Service is Free
- Booking Information:
- Contact via the website or by telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Visual impairment
- Referral Criteria:
- Via GP or other health professional
- Languages Spoken:
- Recognised As (Scheme):
- Free Activity