AFC Bournemouth Community Sports Trust - Employ-Able
We are delighted to commence a brand new employability programme from AFC Bournemouth Community Sports Trust: ‘Employ-Able'. This programme will offer young people aged 16-24 years (other ages over 24 may be permitted also) not in Employment, Education or Training, the opportunity to make a positive impact in their lives and receive a number of formal and informal opportunities, linked to a career within the Sports/Football sector.
The first cohort will take place from Tuesday 13th April 2021 from 1pm - 4pm, and continue for 10 consecutive Tuesdays, hosted at Slades Park Pavilion, Ensbury Avenue, Bournemouth, BH10 4HG.
During the Course of the programme, we will be looking to include some of the following experiences:
- Introduction to Sports Careers
- Action plans for each individual: identify what to improve, steps to take, impact, what they want from the programme
- Employability specific skills to include: CV writing, presentation skills, interview essentials
- Personality workshops: self-belief, personality traits
- Qualifications (variety to include): Industry specific (FA), Safeguarding and Emergency Aid
- Practical sports delivery (observation or participation)
- Leadership activities
- Signpost onto next steps: how to continue involvement, education/training, career, traineeship, volunteering opportunities
There is no cost to being involved in the programme! Places are limited so please get in touch ASAP.
We would like to hear from you if you feel this programme may be for you or someone that you know. The nomination form is attached to this email, for you to nominate yourself, or nominate others that you feel will benefit from this particular programme
Slades Park Pavillion
- BH10 4HG
- 07393 462169
- Contact Name
- Dominic Weir
- See Journey Planner on the right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Tuesday 13 April 2021 from 1pm to 4pm, and continues for 10 consecutive Tuesdays.
- Weekday PM
- From 16 years to 24 years .
- This is a free activity
- Booking Information:
- Booking is required.