Coping With CHAOS
The Coping with CHAOS service is provided by the Diverse Abilities Children's Team (www.diverseabilities.org.uk).
The service is recognised as a major provider of short breaks for families with disabled children. The majority of permanent staff are either parents of children with disabilities or have experience of working with disabilities.
The purpose of Coping with Chaos is:
- to support the whole family
- to provide help and support, information and advice, friendships and short term respite care for families and carers who look after a disabled child/children and or young person/people
- to provide for children/young adults with complex, PMLD and challenging behaviour that cannot easily access other resources and play schemes
The service provides:
- Play Opportunity sessions held every weekday of the school holidays for the whole family, including siblings
- a youth club for young people with additional needs aged 13-18 years old
- Family support service, regular coffee mornings during term time and workshop/information sessions for parents
- parent support on Facebook.
- equipment/toy/book lending library
- information and signposting
In order to access the service, we require families to register with us.
- Coping With CHAOS
The Families Centre
- BH22 0LL
- 01202 718238
- 07785 622093
- Contact Name
- Clare Rochford
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Office Opening Hours:
Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Activity programmes for school holidays can be found on the website.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years 0 months to 18 years 0 months.
- See activity for charges.
- Booking Information:
- You will need to complete a registration form in the first instance and a booking form for the activity.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Referral Procedure:
- Contact by telephone, e-mail or letter
- Languages Spoken:
Coping with CHAOS provides opportunities for children and young adults with complex PMLD and challenging behaviour.
- Recognised As (Scheme):
- Access to Leisure Provider