Burton Day Nursery Pre-School
Burton Day Nursery Ltd - pre-school is a lovely, stimulating environment catering for children aged 3 to 5 years. Our nursery ethos is learn to play, play to learn and we try to embed this into the children through fun and exciting activities on offer for them.
138 Salisbury Road
- BH23 7JP
- 01202 490506
- Childcare Type:
- Pre-School Playgroup
- Provision Type:
- Childcare on non-domestic premises
- Overall limit on childcare numbers:
- Eligible to take 2, 3 & 4 Year Old Entitlement
Outdoor Play Area/Garden
Separate Sleeping Area
Visits and Outings
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday 08:00-18:00
All Year Round
School Holiday Only
- From 3 years 0 months to 5 years 0 months.
- £37.00 per Session, £51.00 per Day
- Other Costs:
- Session times - Morning session runs from 8am to 1.30pm Afternoon session runs from 1.30pm to 6pm Full Day Session runs from 8am to 6pm. Lunch included for children attending full day and morning sessions. Funding only places must use five afternoons from 1:30pm until 4:30pm. Provision has an inclusion/equal opportunities policy.
Vacancies and School Pick Up
- Vacancy Information:
- Please call for vacancy details
- No of vacancies:
- Last Inspection Judgement:
- Last Inspection Date:
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Caters for Special Diets:
- All of the above
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
We have 2 trained SEND staff, 1 with level 3 training and valuable experience having previously worked in a school facilitating children with complex needs. We liaise closely with outside agencies such as portage and SALT and other relevant health professionals. SEND Provision - We have an accessible building via a ramp and each room can be adapted to allow for each individual’s needs. We fully support children with EHC plans, every child has a key worker who will work closely with the child and family to ensure their needs are met, they will be supported thoroughly throughout their time with us.
We can provide 1:1 support within the nursery if necessary. We have a range of aids to help support children with communication difficulties within the setting. We have staff trained in PEIC-D, Signalong, SMART targets, CAF, supporting behaviour, PEC’s and Understanding Autism. Referrals – Once a child’s needs have been discussed with the parents we can decide if a referral is needed to a specific service.
We would then send supporting reports to the relevant professionals. We can attend meetings with the parent if needed and write Individual Learning Plans for the children. These are reviewed 6 weekly, unless needed more frequently. We operate an open door policy and encourage all parents to talk to us about any concerns. We work closely with the local schools to ensure a smooth transition between both our settings, including meetings, parent consultations, teacher visits, and group visits to the schools.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
30 Hours Free Childcare Provider
Tax Free Childcare Provider
3 & 4 Year Old Early Education Provider