The Chatterbox Project
The Chatterboxes is a youth action project run by young people with disabilities aged 11-25 years old from Bournemouth, Poole and Dorset.
Our main aim is to raise awareness of disabilities and create a community which is equal for all whilst being surrounded by friendship and laughter.
Within all groups there is a focus on transitions and supporting members to build skills to help them in the future. Activities include cookery, arts and crafts, film making, magazine design and much more. AQA Awards are also completed by members as well as using a peer mentoring scheme throughout our projects.
Young members also deliver awareness workshops/ training in the community, create youth friendly literature and organise community awareness events.
- Townsend Youth Centre and online via Zoom
191, Jewell Road
- BH8 0LT
- 07827 848479
- Contact Name
- Poppy Sargeaunt
- Contact Position
- Chatterbox Co-ordinator
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Currently we are running youth sessions on:
- Tuesdays: 5-6.30pm: 11-18 year olds at Townsend Youth Centre
- Tuesdays: 7-8.30pm: 18-25 year olds at Townsend Youth Centre
- Wednesdays: 6-7.30pm: 16-25 year olds on Zoom
- All Year Round
- From 11 years to 25 years .
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Eating and Drinking
Global Development Delay
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
Social Communication Difficulty
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
The Chatterboxes is a youth action project run by young people with disabilities aged 11-25 years old.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?