COAST - Supporting work related activity for adults with limited capability to work
The Community Outreach and Support Team (known as COAST) works to address disadvantage in respect to employment and volunteering for people with a limited capability for work living in Poole. We take referrals directly from people with a disability needing ongoing support to obtain and retain work.
We help individuals to:
- obtain voluntary work or paid work- often part-time.
- learn to travel as independently as possible
- access adult learning courses and further their adult learning experiences
- participate in a range of community based work related activities
COAST is currently involved in the following community voluntary work projects with a number of partner organisations
- Wesleys café at The Spire.
- Gardening to support Poole Foodbank with fresh produce
- Community Gardening to support isolated older people and carers.
- Conservation Work for the Borough of Poole and The National trust
- Household Collections for Lewis Manning Cancer Trust
- The Toy Library at Poole Children's Centres
- BookStart at Poole & Bournemouth Library services
If you would like more information or to make a referral to this service please contact the COAST office
Seaview Centre Annexe
- BH12 3LD
- 01202 797841
- Contact Name
- Contact Position
- General Office
- See journey planner on the right hand side of this page where you can view bus car and train routes form your location.
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Tuesday: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Wednesday: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Thursday: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Friday: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
- Further Opening Details:
Support is provided at evenings and weekends as necesary according to client circumstances.
- From 18 years 0 months to 99+ years 0 months.
- This Service is Free to the user as it is commissioned via Borough of Poole
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?