The Ark and Dove - Lighthouse, Poole's Centre for the Arts
How far would you go to be free? Would you leave your home? Your country?.....Your family? Local award winning storyteller and actor Michele O'Brien will bring her magic to captivate audiences, through Storytelling, Dance and Puppetry. The Ark and Dove will entertain, enchant and educate audiences.
Mary's in the Charity Shop pricing up donations. Through a treasure trove of objects she learns about the adventures of two ships The Ark and Dove - a gripping story from the year 1633. The story of Mary Jennings - a servant woman, who travels from Cowes on the Isle of Wight across the ocean, west, risking everything. She made it across the treacherous waters with others, determined to make a better life. Sound familiar? In Maryland, America. Mary Jennings meets Mansi of the Piscataway tribe. They share their own stories, learn from each other and become friends.
The Ark and Dove is devised with Audio Description in mind andthere is a pre-show Touch Tour available (please book when buying your tickets).
21 Kingland Road
- BH15 1UG
- 01202 280000
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Wednesday 19 February 2020. 11:00am-11:55am and 2:00pm-2:55pm.
- School Holiday Only
- From 7 years 0 months to 99 years 0 months.
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Booking Information:
- Please book via email, website or by phone..
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Cultural Provision:
- No particuar religious ethos.
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?