We are in a building situated on the site at Bearwood Primary and Nursery School. We are a separate provision from the school although we do have good liaison with them and offer a collection service for the afternoon to enable parents too access 30 hour funding either by using 30 hours with us or a combination of mornings at nursery and afternoons with us to ensure good transition for the children if they attend the school following on from pre-school.This enables parents to access 30 hour funding across both settings. All staff have a valid first aid certificate and keep their training ongoing, this enables them to keep up to date with all new legislation and to enable us to provide your child with the best learning and care possible. We follow the early years foundation stage curriculum and each child has an account with tapestry learning journal which is supported by having their own key person and buddy, parents and carers can add observations enabling us to work together to monitor their achievements and progress during their time in the setting. We encourage partnership working with families and encourage pro-active involvement. We have staff trained in special educational needs and two designated safeguarding officers. Children have a nutritious breakfast during the morning session,encouraging healthy eating and socialisation. We provide fruit and vegetables at snack time and have a healthy eating policy in place. We provide a good variety of activities and have a lovely outdoor area which has soft play surface and a grassed area this is used throughout the year. We have small group work sessions every day with a small number of children and one adult giving the opportunity for educational based activities in a quite environment. Children are required to bring a packed lunch if attending the afternoon session which we encourage should be healthy. We collect from Bearwood Primary and Nursery School at 12:00, children can return to our setting for lunch and the afternoon session. We have a strong inclusion approach in the setting to ensure we cater for all families, making them feel welcome. We have a variety of resources that you can borrow to share with your child at home including Bertie the Bearwood Bear,Starting out bags and sharing bags. We offer settling sessions before your childs start date ,this gives you the opportunity to meet your childs key person and buddy and to ask any questions that you may have. Children can wear a uniform but this is not compulsory.
Bearwood Primary And Nursery School
- BH11 9UN
- 07504 262558
- 07504 262558
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car, and train routes from your location.
- Childcare Type:
- Pre-School Playgroup
- Provision Type:
- Childcare on non-domestic premises
- Overall limit on childcare numbers:
- Eligible to take 2, 3 & 4 Year Old Entitlement
Outdoor Play Area/Garden
Visits and Outings
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday 09:00-15:00
- All Year Round
- From 2 years 0 months to 5 years 0 months.
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Other Costs:
- Session times are 9:00am -12:00pm and 12:00pm -3:00pm and 9:00am -3:00pm Term time only contracts.
Vacancies and School Pick Up
- Immediate Vacancies
- Vacancy Information:
- As at 14/11/19 Monday pm x 5 Tuesday am x 5 Tuesday pm x 11 Wednesday am x 6 Wednesday pm x 11 Thursday am x 8 Thursday pm x 14 Friday am x 0 Friday pm x 9
- No of vacancies:
- Ofsted URN:
- Last Inspection Judgement:
- Last Inspection Date:
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Visual impairment
- Caters for Special Diets:
- We will provide for any dietary requirements when providing snacks in the setting.
- Referral Procedure:
- Parents can reserve sessions via an application form online via the applications section our website, or once they have visited the setting they can complete and return an application form. The sessions are subject to availability.
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
2 Year Old Early Education Provider
30 Hours Free Childcare Provider
Tax Free Childcare Provider
3 & 4 Year Old Early Education Provider