Poole Athletic Club
Poole AC has existed for more than 100 years to serve the athletes of the area. Poole AC activities include Road Running, Cross Country and Track & Field Leagues. We have a busy calendar of events, training and social sessions. Everyone from 8 upwards is welcome, irrespective of ability. We'll provide qualified coaches, encouragement and a friendly atmosphere.
Our para athletes train and compete in disability athletics from wheelchair racing through to track and field and welcome people of all ages and abilities.
- Poole Athletic Club (8 Years +)
Ashdown Leisure Centre
- BH17 8PY
- See the journey planner on the right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Please visit our website for up to date information.
- All Year Round
- From 8 years to 99 years .
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Booking Information:
- Contact via email or the website to book.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Special Provision Experience:
- Aspergers: Have dealt with some athletes with this condition Asthma: Several Coaches are sufferers Cerebral Palsy: Have one current member Hearing Difficulties: Willing to work with parents to accommodate needs Motor impairment: Have one member who is a wheelchair athlete Physical impairment: Willing to work with parents to accommodate needs
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
We have colleagues with significant experience of working with athletes with physical disabilities. We are also keen to be as inclusive as we are able to be as a small voluntary sports club, and work with parents and carers in this area.
- SEN and Disabilities Eligibility
We are able to provide training for cerebral palsy athletes and have experience of working with young people with mild neural disability. We can signpost to other provision within the Team Dorset Athletic network.
- SEN and Disabilities Access
Under Access to Leisure and Learning, we ensure that we are an inclusive club removing financial boundaries that may exist.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
- Access to Leisure Provider