Children's First Response MASH - BCP Council
The Children's First Response Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the single point of contact for Children's Social Care and Early Help in Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole. It provides the public and professionals with information, advice and support for children who are vulnerable and at risk and is made up of the MASH and Early Help Teams.
Contact the Childrens First Response MASH:
- if you are worried a child or young person is at risk of, or is being hurt or abused
- if you know of a child or young person who may be vulnerable without additional help and support
- if you want to know more about the services available to support children, young people and their families
If you are a member of the public please telephone or e-mail the team.
If you are a professional please complete the Inter-Agency Referral Form.
The Children's First Response MASH brings agencies together in one place and includes staff from children's social care, health, an education link worker and the Police. It seeks to enhance the safeguarding of children by improving information sharing and decision-making practices through collaborative working.
Whilst there continues to be individual accountability for each agency, the partners have agreed protocols for information sharing and an agreed workflow for consistency of processes and prioritisation of cases.
- putting children at the forefront of the safeguarding process
- working collaboratively, encouraging change and improvement, and adopting a truly joint working approach
- adopting an ethos of 'do it once and do it right'
- removing duplication
Office hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 to 5.15 pm and Fridays 8.30 to 4.45 pm.
If your concern or enquiry is about someone over the age of 18, please contact the Adult Social Care Contact Centre.
For urgent referrals in relation to child protection:
In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm, call the police on 999.
Out of Hours - The Children's Social Care Out of Hour's service is the emergency response service for any child who is in crisis, needs urgent help or is at serious risk of significant harm. Hours of operation are 5.00pm to 9.00am from Monday to Friday, all day Saturdays and Sundays and all bank holidays, including Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Their phone number is 01202 738256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 01202 123334
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.15pm, Fridays 8.30am to 4.45pm
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 18 years .
- This service is free