Behaviour Support Service (Christchurch)
Schools in Christchurch are able to buy in the Behaviour Support Service from Dorset Council
As a service, it can offer:
- advice, support and training in promoting positive behavioural, emotional and social development, supporting social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and effective behaviour management.
- training, advice and sharing good practice in promoting an ethos that encourages positive SEMH, including recognition of the link between good teaching and learning and an emotionally healthy school where pupils are able to achieve
- support with identifying pupils with SEMH, assessing them and making sure there's a multi-agency approach response and building capacity in school
- where appropriate, identifying and supporting the needs of children and young people and monitoring and evaluating school interventions
- facilitation, where appropriate, of referral for further assessment or involvement of other professionals and access to support through a multi-agency approach
- support and advice for the education, health and care plan (EHCP) process
- support for identification of pupils at risk of exclusion and support for reintegration of those who've been excluded
Settings the service can work in
Generally the service works within the school setting. The services makes home visits and gives advice to parents and carers as part of its initial assessment process for primary school age children, as well as for older children and young people where it's needed.
Accessing the service
Requests for advice and involvement are normally received from schools.
- Schools and Learning Service
- DT1 1XJ
- 01305 228300
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- County Hall Opening Times:
Monday - Thursday: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 25 years .
- Contact provider directly for costs
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty