Children with Disabilities Team (CWD) - BCP Council
Our purpose: We provide tailored, focused support where there is a family with a child or children with a severe disability, to empower the family to function effectively.
What we do: The Children with Disabilities Team (CWD) offers specialist support to children when there is a combination of factors related to a disability or health condition, the family's ability to cope and the resources available to the family. Our priority aim is to ensure the child develops to their full potential and is free from harm, neglect and abuse.
Most of the children we work with have multiple disabilities and health conditions that result in them having exceptional care needs.
The team can help in a range of ways depending upon the individual family circumstances identified in the assessment. These may include:-
- Co-ordination of a multi-agency plan to support the child and family.
- Support with behaviour management.
- Referrals to other specialist services for support.
- Access to Sessional workers
- Provision of Direct Payments to purchase additional care and support.
- Day care or overnight breaks for disabled children.
How do families access our service? Families can request an assessment of their situation by the Children's Services Hub. Following assessment, if a case does not meet criteria for the Children with Disabilities Team (CWD), advice will be provided to access appropriate/recommended services, such as:
- BH15 1SA
- 01202 458216
- Contact Name
- Sue Stirk
- Contact Position
- Team Manager
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday: 8.30am - 5.15pm
Tuesday: 8.30am - 5.15pm
Wednesday: 8.30am - 5.15pm
Thursday: 8.30am - 5.15pm
Friday: 8.30am - 4.45pm
- All Year Round
- From 5 years 0 months to 18 years 0 months.
- This Service is Free
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Referral Procedure:
- Through Children and Young People's Social Care Referal and Assessment Team on 735046
- Languages Spoken:
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
The Children with Disabilities team provide tailored, focused support where there is a family with a child or children with a severe disability, to empower the family to function effectively.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
- Access to Leisure Provider