People First Forum
People First Forum is an advocacy group run for and by people with learning disabilities in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole. We aim to:
- Help people to be independent.
- Help people to have more choice.
- Help people to be more included
- Help people speak up for themselves and others
- Influence services and organisations that make decisions about their lives
People First Forum also offer services such as quality checkers, easy read information, bespoke training packages and consultation.
We also run a speaking up group called `Go Forum' on the first and third Thursday of every month between 12 - 2.45pm. This is held in the Community Link Room at Bournemouth and Poole College (North Road site).
We also run a Safe Places Scheme where shops and local businesses sign up to offer a Safe Place for people with Learning Disabilities and provide help if people feel lost, afraid, threatened or need help in their communities.
People First Forum
Rossmore Leisure Centre
- BH14 0AA
- 01202 746040
- 07745 749295
- Contact Name
- Nikki Brown
- Contact Position
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Our shop is open
Monday to Wednesday: 9.30am - 3.00pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 11.30am
- All Year Round
- From 18 years 0 months to 99 years 0 months.
- This Service is Free
- Booking Information:
- Contact via telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Cultural Provision:
- No strong religious ethos
- Referral Criteria:
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
- Referral Procedure:
- Contact the Forum by telephone, e-mail, fax or letter, drop in to the shop or visit the website.
- Languages Spoken:
People First Forum is an advocacy group run for and by people with learning disabilities