National Careers Service
The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
The National Careers Service website aims to:
- help you with careers decisions and planning
- support you in reviewing your skills and abilities and develop new goals
- motivate you to implement your plan of action
- enable you to make the best use of high quality career related tools.
Perhaps you have just finished college or university or have been made redundant. You might be unhappy in your current job and ready for a change, but not sure what. You might have been out of work for a while and looking for job hunting tips. Whatever your situation, whatever your barriers, we're here to help you overcome them and reach your potential.
We have many ways for you to get in touch; email, online chat, callback service, our free helpline or by post.
- National Careers Service
PO Box 1331
Newcastle Upon Tyne
- NE99 5EB
- 0800 100900
- Through the website
- See Journey Planner on the right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday – Sunday: 8:00am -10:00pm
Webchat also available on the website
- All Year Round
- From 13 years to 99 years .
- This Service is Free
- Booking Information:
- Contact via the website or by telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?