The Learning Zone
In line with Government guidelines, this service provides educational support to school age children in hospital on a short, medium or long-term basis. Offers support across the curriculum, but tends to concentrate on core subjects (Maths, English, Science and ICT - Information, Communication Technology, and Art).
- The Learning Zone, The Quay School
Acrewood Children's Ward, Poole Hospital NHS Trust
- BH15 2JB
- 01202 716910
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Please visit our website for up to date information.
- All Year Round
- From 4 years 6 months to 16 years .
- This service is free.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provision Experience:
- Support from the service is adapted to the individual needs of its pupils, including SEN. Children attend according to their health status and this includes access by wheelchair, on crutches, etc.
- Referral Criteria:
- Via GP or other health professional
- Referral Procedure:
- Children are referred by medical staff on the wards
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?