Child Development Centre (CDC)
Our service offers a multi-professional approach to the assessment and treatment of pre-school children with a variety of developmental needs within Poole, Bournemouth and parts of Dorset. We aim to offer a family focused service that provides a safe and child friendly environment. We work with parents to plan and deliver care, which will enable their children to fulfil their potential.
The team at the Child Development Centre will:-
- Provide a safe, child friendly environment in which they will undertake expert team assessments and therapy for children whose needs cannot be met in the community.
- Work with parents to plan and deliver therapeutic intervention which will enable their children to fulfil their potential
- Acknowledge families' individual circumstances, share and provide relevent information and allow informed choice.
- Ensure that children are treated with tact and understanding and that their dignity and privacy is respected at all times, with every possible steps taken to minimise emotional and physical distress.
- Work in partnership with other agencies so that children have equal access to opportunities and experiences in their community
We also host school aged clinics for children with possible neurodevelopmental conditions.
- Child Development Centre - CDC
Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- BH15 2JB
- 01202 665511
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Please phone us for up to date opening information.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 5 years .
- This Service is Free
- Booking Information:
- Contact via the telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Eating and Drinking
Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Via GP or other health professional
- Referral Procedure:
- Referrals are only accepted by letter from a doctor, community paediatrician, GP or Hospital. All referrals are discussed by the team and some are passed on to the local Community Paediatrician for initial assessment CONTACT NAMES: Dr Del Howard and Dr Sarah Morris
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?