Children’s Community Nursing Team - Poole Hospital NHS
The children's community nursing team provides support and expert nursing care for children at home.
This could follow discharge from hospital, or for those with long term life-threatening, life-limiting or terminal illness.
The team's mission is to work within a multi-disciplinary environment to deliver excellent and individualised child and family centred care.
It aims to allow the child/ infant to achieve optimum potential for health and development within their family environment, by minimising hospital admission and facilitating early discharge, if admitted, working in partnership with families. Referrals can be made to the CCN team by any health professional in the team around the child.
Poole General Hospital
- BH15 2JB
- 01202 448279
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Parents have open access service where they can telephone the Children’s Unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for further advice.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 16 years .
- This Service is Free
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Via GP or other health professional
- Referral Procedure:
- The child must have a GP in East Dorset, The child must have a paediatric consultant at Poole Hospital. The child must be technology dependant and have a recognised specialised paediatric/neonatal nursing need requiring support.
- Languages Spoken:
- Health Description
Please see our website for all further information, including contact details, referral criteria, service aims and the services provided.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?