Educational Psychology Service (West Team) - BCP Council
We are a team of HCPC registered Educational Psychologists providing services to children and young people aged 0 to 25 and their families.
We work with educational settings and other agencies to help children and young people effectively access education and work in close partnership with children, young people and their parents and carers.
If you live in Bournemouth or Christchurch please contact the East Office.
- BH15 1SA
- 01202 126100
- Contact Name
- Dr Jo Bispham
- Contact Position
- Senior Educational Psychologist
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday to Thursday 8:30am - 5:15pm. Friday 8:30am to 4:45pm.
We also have a telephone consultation service which runs on a Wednesday from 1pm to 4pm during term time.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 25 years .
- There is no charge to families for our service. All pre-statutory services and some post-statutory services are charged to the school.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
- Via School
- Referral Procedure:
- The potential need for our involvement is usually raised by staff in a school via a referral form and planning meeting. Parents, carers and young people between 16 and 25 can contact us directly to discuss whether we might be able to provide support. We provide a telephone consultation service on a Wednesday between 1 and 4 pm (term time only).
The Educational Psychology team support children and young people with cognition and learning needs; behavioural, social and emotional needs; communication and interaction needs and physical, medical and sensory needs.
We build on and contribute to support that has been given to a child or young person as part of the graduated response for SEND in order to help them effectively access education.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?