Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
We train clever dogs to help deaf people.
That's what we do in a nutshell - we train dogs to alert deaf people to sounds they would otherwise miss - simple sounds that many people take for granted like the doorbell, alarm clock and even danger signals like the fire alarm. Being aware of these - thanks to a hearing dog - makes a real difference to deaf people's lives.
But our clever canines do so much more than alert their recipient to sounds.
Deafness can be a very isolating disability. A hearing dog can give a deaf person a newfound sense of independence and confidence now they have a loyal companion and a true friend by their side.
As if this wasn't enough - hearing dogs have saved countless lives in their important role; fire alarms sounding at the dead of night, alerting them to the shouts of a loved one who is in peril, even saving their recipients from potential car thieves!
Dogs are known for their loyalty and love - and we see these valuable traits in a hearing dog every day.
- Hearing Dogs For Deaf People
- HP27 9NS
- 01844 348100
- 18001 01844 348100 (for deaf & hard of hearing - text relay)
- 01844 348101
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Contact via email or telephone.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years 0 months to 99 years 0 months.
- Contact provider for full details.
- Booking Information:
- Contact via the website or by telephone
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
- Visual impairment
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Recognised As (Scheme):
- Free Activity