15 Days In Clay
This exciting project was originally set up to give small groups of adults with learning difficulties, and disabled adults in the Poole and Dorset area, the opportunity to be taught ceramics to an advanced level enabling learners to develop as artists in their own right. The project aims to inspire and nurture the creative development of individuals in a professional ceramic environment. It has provided new opportunities for self-expression, confidence building and personal growth through the accessible medium of clay.
The opportunity is now open to anyone who has an interest in working with clay. The courses available are Weekend family Clay sessions, workshops & clay courses available, birthday parties, Hen parties are all catered for. Specialised workshops for individuals with dementia and their carers. Vouchers can also be used for classes if you are a carer eligible for the CRISP take a break scheme. Volunteer opportunities are available, no experience required.
Free taster sessions are offered at the start of the project to make sure this is something each individual wishes to access. The quality of the work produced is of the highest standard enabling individuals to exhibit and to sell their work around the country. All students go through a process of assessment, with the possibility of accreditation.
- Holton Lee
Livability Holton Lee
- BH16 6JN
- 07980 563899
- Contact Name
- Janna Edwards
- Contact Position
- Manager of 15 Days in Clay
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- The project runs for 4 days a week Monday - Thursday throughout the year. The Thursday session runs from Boscombe. The sessions run from 10.30am – 3.00pm (times can be flexible). Individuals can attend 1 or more days.
- Further Opening Details:
There are no restrictions upon the length of time that individuals attend the project. We do however require 1 months notice should individuals wish to cease attending.
- All Year Round
- From 18 years to 99 years .
- Contact provider directly for costs
- Other Costs:
- Some individuals have been able to access this project via direct payment. Please contact Janna Edwards for further details on 07980 563899
- Booking Information:
- We welcome visitors by appointment, please call or email to arrange a time.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Special Provisions:
Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
Medical Condition, including Allergies
Speech, Language & Communication Needs
- Cultural Provision:
- No particular religious ethos
- Referral Criteria:
- Self Referral
- Languages Spoken:
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
All tutors and volunteers have many years of experience working with additional needs. 15 Days has been running for 14 years.
- SEN and Disabilities Eligibility
Open to all.
- SEN and Disabilities Access
Call or email. Free taster session offered then 4 week half price course at £17.50 per session. Client form to be filled in before coming. Full day is then £35.00
- SEN and Disabilities Transition
We encourage people to make their own choices, build confidence and independence and self worth through working with clay.
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?