Family Hub at Rossmore
The Family Hub at Rosssmore (previously called Rossmore Children's Centre) is one of six centrally located hubs providing early help services and support for families living in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
Each family hub provides:
- Family support from our early help family support teams
- A range of programmes to support parents and their children, covering four key areas:
- Parenting, Young Parents and Volunteering
- use of the Home Learning Environment
- the Brighter Futures Programme
- Communication, Language and Literacy.
- Health services such as midwife clinics
- Information, advice and guidance, including information on and signposting to local childcare, signposting to a range of services including debt advice and information on community activities
- Domestic violence support
- Foodbank vouchers and support with accessing food
- Breastfeeding pump loans
For details of early help support and programmes please click here.
- BH12 4HR
- 01202 817771
- See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
- Area coverage
Times, Age & Costs
- Times Available:
- Monday to Friday 9am - 4:30pm.
- All Year Round
- From 0 years to 25 years .
- This is a free service.
Cultural & Additional Needs
- Referral Criteria:
Via Social Services
Via GP or other health professional
- SEN and Disabilities Service Description
Rossmore Family Hub offers a range of services for children and their families 0-18 (up to 25 with additional needs). This hub welcomes all families. We provide support and learning opportunities as well as a welcoming, safe space for fun and play, where parents and children are able to develop and reach their full potential.
The hubs run a range of services including universal services delivered in partnership with Health Services and other partners. Our BCP targeted services are for families experiencing greater challenges and who may need additional support. We offer an inclusive and accessible programme of activities and support for families working across the Early Help Partnership . All of our practitioners are experienced in working with children with a range of different needs.
The Family Hubs have a SENCO to support families and to enable children to access our services.
Our centre is wheelchair accessible and situated on the ground floor with an outdoor play space. The centre also offers disabled parking.
If you require 1-1 support please contact a member of our staff. If you need additional support, for example, with completing any paperwork, staff are always available to scribe for you and some are trained in Sign-a-Long. Books and leaflets can be provided in other languages.
If you or your child have some specific needs, please let us know so that we can work together to ensure that we are aware of your needs and can put the relevant support in place. We have a flexible offer to meet the needs of children and young people. All staff undertake equality and diversity training as part of their induction.
All of our staff are qualified to work with children and hold at least an NVQ Level 3. Some are also trained to work with children with additional needs.
We are committed to providing an inclusive service and we will work in partnership with you and your child to ensure a safe and appropriate environment for your family.
All activities are carefully planned and risk assessed to reduce foreseeable risks. Please let us know in advance (if possible) of any specific needs so that we can take them into consideration when risk assessing.
Some of our Family Hubs have sensory rooms which can be booked.
For further information please contact your local Family Hub on tel 01202 817771 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are your staff DBS Approved?
- Do you have a First Aid Policy?
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?