Across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole there are six family hubs and two outreach centres (formerly called children's centres).
Hubs are based in central locations and cover a reach area to support all families that need early help services, ensuring that families get the right help at the right time. Any family can contact us and we’ll signpost to appropriate support.
Each family hub provides:
- Family support from our Early Help Family Support Teams
- A range of programmes to support parents and their children, covering four key areas:
- Parenting, young parents and volunteering
- Use of the Home Learning Environment
- The Brighter Futures Programme
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Health services such as midwife clinics
- Information, advice and guidance, including information on and signposting to local childcare, signposting to a range of services including debt advice and information on community activities
- Domestic violence support
- Foodbank vouchers and support with accessing food
- Breastfeeding pump loans
Outreach centres provide information, advice and guidance for families and health clinics.
Click on the boxes below for further details of our family hubs and outreach centres. Details of services and support for those with additional needs can be found within the information for each family hub and outreach centre in the Local Offer SEND section.