Information for families in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole

Crisis Advice Scheme - BCP Council

Crisis Advice Scheme -  BCP Council logo

About the scheme

We provide help and advice for you or your family if you are at risk of significant harm, either to your health or to your safety, or if you are experiencing exceptional pressure.

This service is for residents of Bournemouth/Christchurch/Poole (BCP) Council areas only. If you live outside of BCP, please contact your Local Authority/Citizens Advice who should be able to help/direct you.

Please note this scheme has no cash payment facility.


To qualify for further support or advice from the BCP Crisis Advice scheme you must meet these following criteria:

  • You are 16 years or over 
  • You are a resident in the BCP area
  • You have sought help from elsewhere, for example other organisations, friends and family but this has not resolved your issue.

Other support

You may also be able to get support from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP):

Please note there is no face-to-face access to this service please call the number below if in doubt.

View all details
Venue/Contact Details
BCP Council Civic Centre
Bourne Avenue
Area coverage
BCP Area
See Journey Planner on right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
  • Textphone
Times and Costs
Opening times:
The service is available Monday to Friday from 10am to 3pm.
Further opening details:
  • Afternoon
  • Morning
  • Daily
  • All Year Round
This is a free service.
Ages, Booking Details and Referral Information
Referral process:
  • Telephone service only. By appointment if necessary (e.g. difficulty in accessing/using a phone)
Religious and Additional Needs Provision
Additional needs supported:
  • Emotional needs
  • Visual impairment
  • Motor Impairment
  • Speech, Language & Communication Needs
  • Hearing Impairment
  • Behaviour, Emotional & Social Difficulty
  • Multi-Sensory Impairment
  • Physical Disability
Are your staff DBS Approved?
Do you have Public Liability Insurance?