Information for families in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole

Independent Assessment Services

Independent Assessment Services logo

You should start by making your PIP claim with Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). When DWP passes your Personal Independence Payment claim to us for impartial assessment, we arrange and carry out your assessment on their behalf.

Our job is to help you explain to DWP how your disability affects your daily life, so they can assess your claim fairly and accurately.

Your assessment can be completed on paper, without the need to meet. However, for the majority of people, we meet with you to understand your needs. There are a number of important things you need to know about your meeting with us so that we can carry out your assessment quickly and easily.

View all details
Venue/Contact Details
Customer Service Centre
0800 0083074
Unit B, Chesil House, 1
Maderia Road
Area coverage
See Journey Planner on the right-hand side of this page, where you can view bus, car and train routes from your location.
Times and Costs
Opening times:
Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Further opening details:
  • Evening
  • Afternoon
  • Morning
  • Daily
  • All Year Round
This is a free service.
Ages, Booking Details and Referral Information
SEND Local Offer SEND