Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Support for children under the age of 16

A range of childcare funding is also available. Find out more on our childcare page.

Disability living allowance (DLA)

This funding is for those looking after a child under 16 that:

  • has difficulty walking
  • needs much more looking after than a child of the same age who does not have a disability

Find out more and apply for disability living allowance (DLA) for children.

Child tax credits

Claims for Child Tax Credit can only be claimed if you get the severe disability premium.

Child tax credit has been replaced by Universal Credit.

Find out more about Child Tax Credit

Child benefit

You normally qualify for Child Benefit if you’re responsible for a child under 16.

Find out more about child benefit

Personal budgets

A Personal Budget is an amount of money to help children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities.