Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Bullying advice for parents of children and young people with SEND

The Anti-Bullying Alliance report that disabled children and those with special educational needs are more likely to experience bullying in school and online. Visit their website for useful information and resources.

Family Lives also has information and advice for parents of a disabled child who is being bullied.

Contact have also produced a useful guide.

CEOP Safety Centre is a useful resource for cyber-bullying, as well as their Resource Library ( . Kooth also offers support and advice about bullying.

Further information including details of anti-bullying work being carried out in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole schools can be found on our Family Information Directory.

What should I do if I feel bullied by a fellow parent or another adult?

If the bullying relates to a bullying or friendship issue between children and is taking place at school, you should contact one of the senior leaders at the school.

The school will have a good idea about what is going on between the children and where this may have led to a falling out between parents. Every school has a Designated SafeguardingSafeguardingA process of protecting vulnerable adults or children from abuse or neglect. Lead (DSL) and a Deputy DSL and a member of staff who is an Anti-bullying Champion. Any of these people will be able to help you.

If the bullying or harassment is happening in the community and is potentially at a criminal level, then the police or community safety team should be contacted.

If you are experiencing workplace bullying, Family Lives has some advice.

The National Bullying Helpline provides help and advice for adults and children dealing with bullying. They can be contacted on 0300 323 0169 on Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.

To watch videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.