Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Doctors or General Practitioners (GPs)

It is important to register with a GP, so you can access health services if you need them.

You can register with a GP of your choice, as long as you live within the surgeries catchment area and they are accepting new patients.

Find out more about choosing and registering with a GP.


Find GP services near you

Use the NHS website to find GP services near you.

Extra support if you have a learning disability

If you have a learning disability you can get extra support when visiting your doctor. All you need to do is add your name to the learning disability register. You may even be able to get an annual health check.

Watch a video and find easy read guides about joining the learning disability register.

Watch a video and find out more about annual health checks.