Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Paediatric Services

Health to Education Notification (HEN)

If a health provider has recognised that your child may have a special educational need, they can support you by referring your child's details to the BCP Council Early Years Team. This referral is called a 'Health to Education Notice', often known as a HEN.

A HEN will notify BCP Council staff of your child's need and allow them to support your child's educational setting, by providing a personalised learning pathway which will support their future learning and development.

For more information about this and how it will help your child, read this leaflet.

Find out more about children's therapy services at Dorset County Hospital.

To watch videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.
Community paediatrics
Specialist paediatricians
Child development centre
Epilepsy service
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalopathy (CFS/ME)
Orthotics Service
Children’s dietary service