Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Being a tenant (renting)

People with SEND can rent a home from:

  • a local authority (the council)
  • a housing association
  • a private landlord

To be considered for social/local authority housing, you have to be on the housing register (a waiting list). There is a lot of demand for housing and the waiting list can be long.

Anyone over 16 can apply to join the housing register. Additional points are sometimes given on the grounds of disability (subject to eligibility). Visit the BCP Council housing pages for more information.

My family our needs has more information on housing options, including renting, 

To watch videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.
Useful Websites