Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Student Finance

Some education and training is free and others have a cost. Information about student finance can be found here. There are a number of ways to get help with the cost of education and training.

There are bursaries and grants that young people or their carers can apply for. For students aged 14 to 19 there is an easy way for you to work out if you are entitled to any financial help, through this online calculator . Some students are also able to apply for financial help with transport costs. Visit our travel and transport section for more information.

Undergraduate or postgraduate students can apply for Disabled Students' Allowance to cover some of the extra costs of study because of a mental health problem, long term illness or any other disability.

The Disabled Students' Allowance information on GOV.UK includes details of how to apply and when to apply.

If you have an Education, Health and Care plan talk to your school or someone in the local authority SEND Statutory Services Team to find out how the costs of placements are met.

To watch videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.
Useful Websites