Support for children aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

Social Care

This section has information on social care services and support for children and young people with SEND. You can search for information by age or subject area.

For enquiries and referrals to BCP Council social care services for children and young people under 18 please contact the Children's First Response MASH.

The Preparing for Adulthood Team work with young people and their families to ensure a smooth transition to Adult Social Care following a thorough process. Young people are entitled to an independent advocate to represent their best interests.

Information on moving from children's to adult social care services can be found in the preparing for adulthood section.

For over 18 enquiries about BCP Council Adult Social Care services please contact the Adult Social Care Contact Centre or visit the BCP Council Adult Social Care webpages.

The local authority can offer a range of housing and accommodation from supported housing to independent living. Young people and their carers are also entitled to an independent advocate to help represent their best interests. Carers are also entitled to an assessment in their own right to see if they are eligible for support.

We welcome feedback on the Local OfferLocal OfferA local authority website resource that holds information on services and provision for children and young people with SEN and disabilities across education, health and social care and leisure.. Please share your comments and tell us if any local services not currently listed. You can use the feedback form, email us at or phone us on 01202 093131.

To watch videos on this site, you need to accept YouTube and Video cookies and then refresh the page.
Useful Websites